8.17.2009

Omaha's Corporate Cycling Challenge Ride.. in my pink kit!



Weather was cool and slightly damp, rode from my place in midtown to the downtown start. Lots of riders were lined up by Conagra, free powerade and bananas which was my breakfast. Also, Olympia Cycles (my Omaha bike shop of choice) was there at the start, finish and lots of place inbetween helping out cyclists. I like Olympia because they are a no nonsense bike shop focused on service. They have a mostly fun staff and I like the owner, who gave me a few organic home-grown tomatoes last time I was in! They don't care about having Zipp 404s hanging from the ceiling or about having too many Madones on the floor. They are just cyclists!

Anyway, the ride was fun, rode with a few strangers out to Ft. Calhoun, and rode back with Scott and Rafal on the way back. Scott posted a full report on Redd Shift (link to the right). They were a lot of fun to ride with!

3 comments:

  1. It was fun riding with you Tim, even though I turned your potential hammerfest into a lazy Sunday ride. :)

    Mark your calendar for this Sunday. Rafal is organizing MOD's Bacon Ride, and at my request for a century, may be working it into a Hundy Sundy Bacon Ride.

    Tentatively, it departs from Aksarben Village at 6am, with breakfast in Platte River State Park a couple of hours later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. olympia is a true gem of omaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never been there before a few weeks ago. I visited and ordered a big brass bell for my Schwinn. Larry ordered several more for stock. I went back a week later to get another one and they were sold out!

    Apparently, there's a good market for all metal bells. This is one heck of a bell, too. I love ringing it on the trail. It even works against iPods.

    I also picked up a nice, plain duffel style handlebar bag for cheap to carry some tools in when riding the Schwinn without a bag. It works well since I now have the under-the-tape-cabled brake levers.

    ReplyDelete